Thursday, April 5, 2012

I Think She'll Know

I still can't find her, and neither can I.  I'm still looking, though.


I love her.  I hope, through the weird teasing and stuff I did on these blogs, you people know that.  I love Jeanette.


I love Alison and Tara to, but, like, family, you know?  I wanted to be with Jeanette.  Wanted to be hers.


It...it's come for me, again.  It's sending more people...more things after me.  I don't know what I should do.  I don't know what I can do.  There used to be no blood on my hands.  I was the innocent one.  I talked a  big game of not being innocent, but I was.  The way it mattered.


Some would say it doesn't matter if a proxy dies, but I don't know.  I don't know how this thing is using them.  Maybe it's forcing them.  Maybe they don't get a say.


I don't know what it is.  What it looks like, how it acts.  Why it doesn't just come and take me like it did the others.  Maybe it's better I don't know.  Maybe that's what keeps me safe.


Anyway, I'm on the road.


There's a place on the East Coast that girls and boys have started getting flowers at.  And then...do I really need to explain the rest, at this point?  I'm headed there.


Jeanette and Alison aren't here.  Not even Tara.


If no one else is gonna hunt Ol' Smiley, guess it's gotta be me.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you find them, all of them, but especially Jeanette.

    ~SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm familiar with Proxies that are psychologically or physically controlled by their masters.

    To use the two most common as examples if I were ever to go Puppet or Camper I would regard the person who killed me as having done the merciful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now what about Proxy, Nest, Greyskin, or Towerborn?

      - Have a Nice Day

      Delete
    2. Greyskins and Towerborn are also usually controlled (though I've heard of a Towerborn who successfully threw off its shackles. I'm sure the Newborn will not allow that to happen again.) and like a mad dog they are both dangerous and to be pitied. The merciful thing to do is kill them as quickly and painlessly as can be managed. Though that can be hard with Towerborn, fortunately I have only second hand stories with them they sound as difficult to kill as Nests though for different reasons.

      Slender Proxies and Nests made their choice. You side with the enemy willingly, you die. As for those broken and controlled see above re: mad dogs and the merciful thing to do.

      Delete